https://secureservercdn.net/126.96.36.199/u1c.a91.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/spicy-coconut-tofu.jpg?time=1599959703 180 180 sharpagain https://secureservercdn.net/188.8.131.52/u1c.a91.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/SharpAgainLogo.png sharpagain2019-05-10 13:25:182019-05-10 16:30:53Spicy Coconut Tofu
- 1 package firm tofu
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- ¼ tsp. curry or to taste
- ¼ cup unsweetened un-sulfured shredded coconut
- Thoroughly drain the tofu by placing it in a strainer set over a bowl or in the sink. When drained, take it out and place it on several layers of clean dish towels and pat to soak up as much water as possible. Cut into bite-sized chunks.
- Empty the coconut milk into a bowl. If it has a cream plug, stir to incorporate it into the liquid. Add the soy sauce and curry powder.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large pan. Add the tofu chunks and sauté until brown.
- Pour coconut milk mixture over tofu and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add shredded coconut and continue cooking another 5 minutes.
Serve over a cooked grain such as brown rice, bulger or quinoa, with a side of steamed vegetables.